Decoding Indian Contemporary Art – 22/23 June 2013
Decoding Indian Contemporary Art:
An art appreciation workshop
Sat 22 and Sun 23 June 2013, 11 am to 5 pm
Venue: Genda Mahal, Lado Sarai, New Delhi
Workshop Fee: Rs. 4,000/- (payable in advance)
For venue details and registration contact 41764054 / email@example.com
Customised workshops available for groups / organisations.
This workshop, conducted by arts curator Himanshu Verma will familiarise you with a brief history of Indian art as a backgrounder, and facilitate understanding and appreciation of various elements of Indian contemporary art.
We will exercise this knowledge with an exciting variety of artworks – less theory, more practice, training the eye to see beauty and revel in the nuance…!
Hopefully, after this 2 day session, you will no longer say, “What the hell is contemporary art?”
• Presentation on the history of Indian art, discussing some movements,
important historical artists, trends.
• Understanding mediums of art, techniques, artistic styles.
• A closer look at the work of some important contemporary artists.
• Group exercises and games interpreting artworks.
• A walk through the collections of National Gallery of Modern Art, featruing extensive collections of Indian modern and contemporary art.
(Images – Click to enlarge)