Valentine Food Walk in Old Delhi
Loving it up with exotic delicacies in the old city – Open to couples and singles!
Saturday 19 February 2011
Timings: 11 am to 3 pm
Meeting Point: 11 am outside Fatehpuri Moqsue, Main Gate, Chandni Chowk.
Nearest Metro Station: Chandni Chowk
Parking available at Jama Masjid / Opp. Sisganj Gurudwara.
Mode of Commuting: Walk / Rickshaw
The food of Delhi is a gastronome’s and connoisseurs dream come true. We will wander in the lanes of Old Delhi, in search of forgotten foods, scintillating flavors from centuries ago, that are still alive in the melting pot of Delhi’s culture.
Some Places Visited (Options)
- Khari Baoli: Asia’s largest spice market, shop here for food supplies.
- Chawri Bazaar: Ashok Chaat Bhandar (Indian Street Food)
- Bade Miyaan’s Kheer (dessert)
- Paranthe Wali Gali (Indian Stuffed Bread)
- Jalebiwala, Dariba Khan (Sweet shop)
- Kake di Hatti (Stuffed Naan)
- Giani di Hatti (Rabdi Faluda)
- Natraj Dahi Bhalla
- Ghantewala (Sweet shop)
- Annapurna (Sweet shop)
Contribution: Rs. 1000/- per person.
Includes food purchases and rickshaw fares.
To register and for details contact Himanshu Verma / 41764054 /email@example.com
Wear comfortable footwear.
Our walk is 100% vegetarian.
Yellow / Red.