Workshop – Decoding Indian Contemporary Art
WORKSHOP – Decoding Indian Contemporary Art
Appreciate, read and enjoy contemporary art
Date & Time
Sunday 17 July, 2011 – 11 am to 6 pm
Venue: Genda Mahal, Lado Sarai
For venue details and registration contact: Himanshu Verma / 41764054 / email@example.com
Workshop Fee: Rs. 1500/-
Customised workshops available for groups / organisations.
This workshop, conducted by arts curator Himanshu Verma will familiarise you with a brief history of Indian art as a backgrounder, and facilitate understanding and appreciation of various elements of Indian contemporary art.
We will exercise this knowledge with an exciting variety of artworks – less theory, more practice, training the eye to see beauty and revel in the nuance…!
Hopefully, after this day-long session, you will no longer say, “What the hell is contemporary art?”
The workshop will feature:
- A brief presentation on the history of Indian art, discussing some movements, important historical artists, and trends.
- Understanding mediums of art, techniques, artistic styles.
- A closer look at the work of some important contemporary artists.
- Group exercises and games interpreting artworks.
- Meetings with artists and discussing their work.
- Take back art souvenirs and mementoes
(Images – Click to enlarge)